SEO (SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION) involves doing promotional activities to boost your search engine rank. It is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to websites to reach the higher rank in the search engine result page. We parallelly use ON page SEO and OFF page SEO for the purpose of ranking of websites higher in the search results.
ON PAGE SEO: – ON PAGE SEO refers to all the things that you can do ON your websites to help your rank higher. Like – heading size, Meta title, Meta description, loading speed of websites, etc.
OFF PAGE SEO: – OFF PAGE SEO refers to all the things that you can do beyond your websites to help your rank higher. Like – social bookmarking, image submission, directory submission, video submission etc.
Now I Am Going To Explain Five SEO Tips For Small Business: –
- Focus on Meta Title and Meta Descriptions: – ON page optimization used Meta Title and Meta Descriptions for the purpose of ranking of websites higher in the search results. One of the most important aspects of on-page SEO is to ensure every page of your website has a unique and descriptive Meta title and Meta description. The Meta title consists of maximum 60 characters and Meta descriptions consists of maximum 160 characters.
- Link Internally To Your Website: – Internal links are not as valuable to your SEO as external links, but they are still important to your overall optimization. Internal links are links that go from one page to a domain to a different page on the same domain.
- Label All Photos On Your Website: – We have to label all your photos before uploading on the websites to take advantage of image-based search traffic as well as regular search traffic. Before uploading your photos to your website, define the file name as what the photo actually is. We also have to give Alt text of the images. Don’t add more than 5 words to the name of the photo because there is no need to get that descriptive, always keep it simple.
- Ask Your Customers to Write Reviews: – Reviews are helpful for small business SEO especially when they are positive. Always ask your customers if they will post reviews to your Google My Business page or any other online review sites you’ve joined. Remember to make sure your name, address, and phone number on these sites match exactly with your Google My Business profile. We should also create profiles on as many of these review sites. Angie’s List, Yelp, and TripAdvisor are three of the most popular review sites.
- Run PPC Ads: – PPC Ads is basically the Pay Per Click Ads. PPC Ads can give your small business a nice boost in visitor count, leads, and sales. There are a number of PPC Ads networks you can use for this purpose, although the most prominent are Google Ad words.